It provides opportunities to assess the direction of a project throughout the development life-cycle. This approach is different from other approaches as the initial planning and analysis is kept to a very high priority, to outline the scope of the development project. Then the team goes through a series of iterations, analyzing, designing, developing and testing each feature in turn within different iterations.
Agile development is not a methodology in itself. It includes other methodologies like Scrum, XP, Crystal, FDD, and DSDM. It offers improved quality as well as more improved customer and business satisfaction. By using this methodology, we have shortened cycle time of the project to 2 weeks. In a single two-week period, the team comprised of designing and prototyping, will design and validate the work for the next 2 week iteration, support the ongoing development by working with developers directly, and run usability tests on features developed during the last two week cycle.
Major factors of agile factors include:
- Early customer involvement
- Iterative development
- Organized teams
- Adaptation to change
The advantages of this approach are:
- Early identification of defects in already working functionality.
- Development teams ensure that their new code is not introducing bugs in already existing functionality.
- Earlier identification of any requirement or design misses.
- It would save effort invested in reporting and documentation of the bug.
- It would further remove chances of test phase misses the bugs in already working functionality.
As an estimated 60-80% of software developers are now using agile methodology in their primary market
Hire iPad Developer
Save up to 200% on your programming cost. Hire a dedicated full-time resource from us and insulate yourself from worries of keeping an in-house employee. This also saves you from infrastructural and recruitment commitments.
to know more about the benefits, click here.