Content Authoring Toolkit
Aim –To develop a template based comprehensive tool for creating SCORM and AICC-compliant Web Based Tutorials (WBTs)
Platform–Windows NT/2000, Windows 9x
Programming Tools–HTML, XML, Visual Basic
The client wanted a software tool that could be used to create WBTs. Blue Apple created a tool a developer could use to design the courseware, add interactive and static course material, and then publish it in SCORM and AICC-compliant forms over the Internet.
The basic functionality of this software is to:
- Create a course structure for the WBT.
- Provide the developer with content and screen layout templates.
- Provide tools to insert Audio, Video, Images, Text, Flash content in the WBT
- Publish the content to a CD or hard disk for deployment.
- Convert the content to PowerPoint (.ppt) or MS Word (.doc) files
- Make the content SCORM and AICC standards compliant.